Logo

Chrysler 318 PlumbingCooling System

G

Garrett Sheehan

"Looking for plumbing info or

"Looking for plumbing info or manual to complete 1970 318 Chrysler pictured here. Any info advise would be appreciated.Hoses, heat exchanger placement etc. Service manual had nothing.
24981.jpg
318 w/ raw&fresh cooling

"Uh-oh! You've got that w

"Uh-oh! You've got that weird, two pocket pump deal. I'll try to send you a scematic.

Jeff"

"Oh, I found some pictures of

"Oh, I found some pictures of my Chrysler 318 with V-drive. Installed in January of 2006. I added them to the link in the above post.

As you can somewhat see in pictures, the raw water comes up through the raw water pump and then directly into the heat exchanger, then foward (My engine is backwards) to the v-drive and trans, and then splits to go back to go out through the exhaust elbows.

As for the freshwater routing, I'd have to take a closer look t my engine.

Hope this helps.

Ken"

Ken/Jeff/Chuck A - Thanks for

Ken/Jeff/Chuck A - Thanks for the info and input!
Yikes - I had no clue this engine had so many variables
I'll have to go over all you've sent over and decipher how it applies.
I suspect I'll have some more questions - Thanks again for the help.

"I have a 318 raw water cooled

"I have a 318 raw water cooled engine,has the dual pocket pump. I pulled up the diagram on this site but am still not sure how to run my hoses. at the pump 3 hoses go to a manifold,with a 4th port smaller in diameter,2 of the hoses go to the same side of the pump,seems to pump in a circle if the pump flow is inline,this is all new to me hoses were in place when I got it from P.O. any help or diagram appreciated RED"

Back