Logo

Rpm prob

cory

"i have a 29' sport bridge

"i have a 29' sport bridge wellcraft the weight is around 11,000 pounds i run 2 350 mercruisers 260 horsepower a peice with 1 1/2 to 1 cluches my props are 17 x 18 i cant get over 3200 rpms do you think it is my props and if so what size should i have i even bought two new engins wich i instald my old distributers and thunder bolt ignition or can that be my prob?"

"Cory:

Assuming the hull is

"Cory:

Assuming the hull is smooth and the engines are operating, perhaps the clutches are the issue. I am not well studied on clutch drives; sorry."

"Are both of the carbs' se

"Are both of the carbs' secondaries opening up all the way? Do you have the throttle controls' ranges set? Flame arrestors too tight? What degrees of timing are the engines set at?

With the boat docked, TIED OFF SECURELY at the end of the dock, running IN FORWARD and heading to open water, will ONE engine at a time reach a higher RPM?"

yes both carbs are open i took

yes both carbs are open i took the props too the prop place i hade some 16x16 pitch they said i should be spinning some 17x17 with the rig i got my timing is set at 8deg btdc i never checked if the timing was advansing in both engins but i know one moter runs hotter than the other i am just trying to get things changed to move it back to the water because of permits to hall it back an forth can you run inboards on land with water hose?

"can you run inboards on l

"can you run inboards on land with water hose?"

Yes; you need the right water hose inlet that looks like a plunger. It installs like a pirate's peg leg or chair leg.

Is it impossible to install your props backwards?
Just a thought floating around in my sponge mass.

Trim tabs aren't down?

"Ayuh,....

[url=""]Have a l

"Ayuh,....

Have a look at This,.... Courtesy of a very good Friend of mine,...
wink.gif
"

Back