Logo

Perkins 4107 Wiring Nightmare

"Hi all I'm hoping someone

"Hi all I'm hoping someone can help on this matter...

I'm currently rebuilding a 1930's Displacement Craft and Engine but the wiring has been an issue.

The boat is fitted with a Perkins 4-107 and was originally Cranking too slow and as such the previous owner took off the Starter, stripped it down and then found all the wiring in the to be knackered... mind you 30 odd years in the bilge and exposed to salt water it does not surprise me... but as such this has left me in a predicament with various components and nothing in between. The engine is fitted with a Lucas MG45 Starter, Lucas C40 Alternator and a 4 Pin Lucas 34228 ignition switch plus anciliary dials and gauges (all analogue). the engine is fitted with a cold start aid system... on the mechanical side i'm fine but when it comes to White man's magic it goes over my head.

I have found various wirring diagrams but none seem to be of any serious help please can someone assist me on this matter as time is ticking and time is running out on the working berth We have her sat on so please can someone help?"

Back