Logo

AQ130C Lack of hp and speed low RPMs

G

George Sugra

"my boats Slower than ever, ev

"my boats Slower than ever, everthing is new and the timming is perfect, runs clean. Im runnning at 4200 rpm im lacking about 900 rpms and speed. Ran faster before,. I have a hunch that Im not getting the proper gas in the carb at wot. The throttle stops and the twin solex carbs are fully open, can it be adjusted to get more gas?, what about adjusting the throttle stop screw and reset my timming, one more thing what is the max or min rpm or load I can put on the AQ130c without causing the drive shaft too much stress. Thanks"

"According to Seloc, the maxim

"According to Seloc, the maximum RPM for your engine is 5100 (which would mean a maximum cruising speed of about 4800 RPM) and the idling speed 900-1000 RPM.

Assuming that you haven't installed a larger propeller or the boat is much heavier with extra gear or water trapped in the hull, etc, (all this would bring the RPM down) you may want to check that there is no water with the gas and that the fuel filter is clean. If that does not fix the problem, perhaps it would be time to overhaul/clean internally the carbs and to have a look at the fuel pump. Also, make sure the fuel tank vent is not plugged."

"Also, do not forget to clean

"Also, do not forget to clean the fuel pump strainer."

"I have a new tank, the carbs

"I have a new tank, the carbs have been rebuilt, the motor is timmed perfectly, new fuel pump ,new altenator, new wiring, new plugs ,and a new electronic ignition it clean, very clean oh also changed head gasket and a new water pump seals and impeller. it goes on and on, maby it is my prop. the original prop had me going faster and took a little longer to plane but it wasnt bad. that ran at 4000 rpms. All gauges and sending units are new as well. So I Know my tach is good. do you think my motor is experiencing loss of power from being old? Mabe I need to run a comprsion test?(what should the compresion be? Too bad ther is no supercharger for this old b20. I know that there is no way the boat this slow It had to cruse up to at least 30 back in its day. right? Aq130c w/250 outdrive. I can get more speed by going to a bigger pitch and mabe a smaller size like a 14x21 or so but it would lower my rpms what the max load I can put on this boat without braking anything? However whats on there now should be up yo my rpms I think. Mabe from experience you know what is the best prop set up for this motor. Thanks for replying and the help"

"in my past i have found if th

"in my past i have found if the charging system isnt working, your battery stats to drain, and when this happens, you will start loosing power and rpms, just a suggetion, check the votage of your battery before and after using your boat."

"George, the most common prope

"George, the most common propellers for your package are 14 x 17 and 14 x 19, but finding which one actually works best for you is a matter of trial and error."

i use a 15 X 17 prop and that

i use a 15 X 17 prop and that crusers at 4200rpm had it up to 5400 without any promb;ems and still had more to go.but keeping it in the safe mark.mine is a 5.2 metre swiftcraft

"Check the thickness of your h

"Check the thickness of your head gasket,there are two types,the one you need is 0.8mm I think as the other is a thicker gasket.I hope this helps."

Back