Logo

Tohatsu 8HP Fuel Line Connector ORing replacement

jbailey

"I use my 8HP Tohatsu 2-stroke

"I use my 8HP Tohatsu 2-stroke on my dink, which means it on/off my dink multiple times/day. The o-ring in thefuel line connector to the engine got pinched and it started leaking at the end of last season. I contacted Tohatsu who could provide no information about the correct o-ring to use. I measured the o-rings myself and ordered replacements from McMaster-Carr online (mcmaster.com) and they fit perfectly. I just wanted to share this with the group since I'm sure MANY engines share the same fuel line hose and connectors. If you need a set here's the information:

9262K401 Metric Buna-N O-Ring 1.8 mm Width, 12.5 mm ID, Packs of 100 (Same as 9262K41) $8.25

9262K128 Metric Buna-N O-Ring 1.5 mm Width, 12 mm ID, Packs of 100 (Same as 9262K41) $6.15

I now have enough to last me 100 years! ;-) Hope this helps someone out there..."

"Funny, since because the O-ri

"Funny, since because the O-ring failed I HAVE a fuel leak.

Tohatsu would only tell me that it was not a replaceable part and they did not have any information as to the specification of that O-ring. So, if they don't want to sell me the o-ring- okay, but to not tell me what type of O-ring to purchase to replace it myself is rediculous."

"That is funny[img][/img] In t

"That is funny
In their defense let me say that they don't have a specification because everything is done as a part number, rather than by size. Since Tohatsu only sells the fitting parts as a unit they wouldn't have a way to know the size unless someone, like you, went to the trouble to take one apart and measure. By the way, thank you for the email you sent us as every couple of years someone wants to know the sizes."

Re: "I use my 8HP Tohatsu 2-stroke

"I use my 8HP Tohatsu 2-stroke on my dink, which means it on/off my dink multiple times/day. The o-ring in thefuel line connector to the engine got pinched and it started leaking at the end of last season. I contacted Tohatsu who could provide no information about the correct o-ring to use. I measured the o-rings myself and ordered replacements from McMaster-Carr online (mcmaster.com) and they fit perfectly. I just wanted to share this with the group since I'm sure MANY engines share the same fuel line hose and connectors. If you need a set here's the information:

9262K401 Metric Buna-N O-Ring 1.8 mm Width, 12.5 mm ID, Packs of 100 (Same as 9262K41) $8.25

9262K128 Metric Buna-N O-Ring 1.5 mm Width, 12 mm ID, Packs of 100 (Same as 9262K41) $6.15

I now have enough to last me 100 years! ;-) Hope this helps someone out there..."

Here is a supplier in Houston.
7cents ea. $5.00 min. Power Supply ph. 713 869 8003. Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Back