Logo

Auto Pilots amp Outboards

profisher

Advanced Contributor
"When will the outboard manufa

"When will the outboard manufacturers and the auto pilot makers get together and make a reliable plug and play system? I have a true pilot (Com-Nav 1420) with a linear follower...I haven't used it since the last follower failed and warrenty ended. (approx 12 years ago) Why can't they get together and engineeer a rotary follower that mounts inside the engine cowling and over the steering pivit point. It would be an option that would be a simple plug and play, it would be reliabled and protected from the marine elements. Seems to me it would help sell more outboards and pilots."

"I don't know why they cou

"I don't know why they couldn't use a sender similar to the trim sender. It's already environment proof, it just needs to be reconfigured for this application. It shouldn't take much to allow it to mount on the swivel housing and read off of the transom bracket, or visa-versa. There you go, the next great idea, run with it..."

"If an outboard manufacturer i

"If an outboard manufacturer is looking for a competitive edge it would seem that having usefull options available to the buyer would be a no brainer. Plug and play auto pilot, plug in water lines making to allow the use of engine heat to a bus type heater...are a couple I've thought about. Seems like they all are focused on trying to squeeze hp out of the smallest/lightest block and think of nothing else."

Back