Logo

Mercruiser trim block connector

srdancer90

Regular Contributor
"Here we go again, I needed to

"Here we go again, I needed to change out a trim ram, and I had to remove the Merccathode from the bottom of the gen 1 drive. However the 1 3/8 dolts broke off within the trim connector block. I tried to remove it with an ezout but this did not work. The nuts on the trim block seem to be removable,my question is can the wire leads from the mercathode be pulled out through the bilde area?, How difficult is the removal of the hydraulic lines that attach to the top of the block? In other words is there enough hydraulic line available to pull the trim block down and have ample access to the flair connections.?"

"[b]"In other words is the

""In other words is there enough hydraulic line available to pull the trim block down and have ample access to the flair connections.?"

Ayuh,...

At Worst,.. You might have to free up the hoses from the Trim Pump, down...
The lines on the inside, are the lines on the Pump..

Usually there's a Couple inches to play with,..."

"OK I got the block off, but I

"OK I got the block off, but I cant seem to get the wires from the Meccathode to feed out in eithor direction. If I have to cut the wires is there enough room so that I am able to snake a wire back up so that I can re mount a new cathode. Also I just pulled on the hydraulic lines and the came down about 2-3 inches with out removing the lines on the trim pump is this the amount available to be lowered. I am worried that I may have cut into the hydraulic lines whien I pulled them down."

Back