Logo

Water Shutter Valves 2008 Mercruiser 496 Mag w Bravo III

jtbehrens

Hello-
This last fall I had a

Hello-
This last fall I had already winterized with the blue air pump to evacuate the water and removed and reinstalled the (3) drain plugs from the fuel system raw water cooler. A few days later I decided to change the engine oil. I refired on the driveway with muffs but forgot to pull the air relief valve ring adjacent to the air pump schraeder valve. While I was letting things warm up I didn't realize I wasn't flowing water through the block. Once I realized what was going on I shut down and cooled down. Restarted and water flowed normal as always but I fried one of the water shutter valves. Where and what part # should I be looking for replacement and what kind of job are they to replace both of them. I've had the boat back in the water since the incident and don't appear to have any other mechanical failures. Thanks for the Help.

"[b]"Where and what part #

""Where and what part # should I be looking for replacement and what kind of job are they to replace both of them."

Ayuh,..
They live in the Top of the Y-pipe,...
Remove the pipe between the Y-pipe,+ the Risers...
Then you can change them,... It's a pretty Easy job...

Take your Serial # to any of the Mercruiser Parts Look-up sites,+ Search there for the Right Set...."

Bondo-

Thanks for the info.

Bondo-

Thanks for the info. Picked up the parts at local dealer last weekend and hope to have them back in before winter is over.

Back