Logo

Engine swap out 14030 to 43 v6

meeklo

"looking to add more power, i

"looking to add more power, i have right now a 140 ccw with i belive a alpha one drive,planing on go to junkyard to get 4.3v6.is there certain block i should look for that might bolt up?could i reuse engine coupler? would that bolt to the fly wheel? im sure im not the first one to think of this is, there a better way to add more power? thank you for answering post"

"[b]"im sure im not the fi

""im sure im not the first one to think of this is, there a better way to add more power?"

Ayuh,... Find a Mercruiser Take-out 4.3l...

By the time you properly Dress a junkyard motor,..
It'll cost 2 or 3 Times as much...."

"there are not any boatyards i

"there are not any boatyards in new mexico. where is a good place to get a mercruiser engine that would be worth doing that kind of work? would any 4.3 bolt up to my outdrive,what could i reuse of my 140/3.0 ? can my outdrive handle the extra power? whould the new motor spin the same direction?"

"I need a new engine for my bo

"I need a new engine for my boat, ( 21ft sleekcraft)my brother wants to give me the engine from his 1990 dodge van, will this work and what modifications will it need?"

"Jim:
if there's no boaty

"Jim:
if there's no boatyards, look for a boat with a trashed interior or damaged hull. eBay , craigslist or Kijiji
You need the complete dressed engine, outdrive, and lots of other goodies like some wiring, and alternator brackets, belts etc etc.. etc...

A donor boat is the only way to go.

Kenneth: Start a new thread please for your question - it's bad form to plomp a question like that in the middle of someone elses discussion. but, no to the Dodge idea. not possible unless you have Jay Leno money or sumthin'"

"Take the above advice to hear

"Take the above advice to heart - time and money
you spend on exhaust manifolds, wiring harnesses,
flywheel cover, coupler, gear ratio, carb, cooling, plumbing, and more, you'll be better off
with a crate package. You'll also have to glass in new engine mounts (asuming there is room for
a larger engine), and, depending on the boat size and configuration, the additional weight could cause more problems."

Back