Logo

Spring Maintenance on OMC Drive

knuckle47

Advanced Contributor
"I have finally decided to jus

"I have finally decided to just leave the performance of the underpowered 305 Bayliner as is for this year and simply upgrade the ignition to the Pertronix and CDI shift module combo.

Additionally, I am going to need to replace the water intake impeller and change the oil in the drive unit. I remember asking this question but cannot find the answer here yet. My oil screws are so tight that an impact driver will not do much for them. Aside from drilling them out, what might be an alternative suggestion for that and: I am not familiar with the impeller system on this unit as the BULK of my sliced fingers and skinned knuckles comes from inboard big blocks lately. Is this a cover removal type of job or more than that where I should go find a manual..?"

At the top right side on this

At the top right side on this page is where you need to go for the manuel Pay the extra and get the OMC manuel as far as changeing the impeller we need to know what type of drive do you have.

An impact driver will remove t

An impact driver will remove the plugs if you heat the surrounding housing. A number of heat/cool cycles will soften the seals and break any corrosion.

Back