Logo

Honda 50 hesitation low rev

deezo_fish

"i am having problems with my

"i am having problems with my motor not reving up. i recently had the carbs cleaned out and changed the sparkplugs. i also replaced the fuel filter, water/fuel seperator, and thermostat. and gave it a oil change. the problem occurs at random. when i throttle up it will only reach 3500 rpms. sometimes when i mess with the throttle by pumping it, it will clear itself and reach up to 5000 rpms. but other times it will not. when i idle and throttle up it sometimes runs fine and other times bogs. i thought that maybe the fuel filters were the problem but now realize they cant be the problem. i use ethanol free fuel. is the problem my carbs? maybe a vapor lock? ...one more thing. i noticed that the last time i had the motor running, the pee stream was weak and when i put my hand under it, it was very hot. there was no overheat buzzer. could it be overheating and reducing rpms on its own. please, any feedback is appreciated."

How well were the carbs done s

How well were the carbs done sounds to me like there is somthhing still in there.Rpm reduction mode is safty feture to save the motor from blowing u would have an over heat alarm though unless it is not working was the motor hot? Also when you cleaned your carbs did you sync them with a vaccume gauge?.How long has it been since you did a w/p?

do a cooling system overhaul

do a cooling system overhaul
water pump
t-stat
poppet

sounds like carbs are not synced or the dash pot is not right

First try some fuel treatment

First try some fuel treatment for et for 30 gal. Then also look for air leaks. Then at overflow ports are not blocked

Back