Logo

Carbs

69mercruiser

"been having problems with kee

"been having problems with keeping engine idling. 69 merc 120 with 2 barrel carb, had carb rebuilt still wont run then put an identical carb from a car and it ran great with no prob. but on the carb that wont run(rebuilt one) i can hold the choke almost completely closed and it will run then as soon as i let go and the choke opens it dies. took carb back to shop that built it and said the reason why the car carb worked is because it has bigger jets and gives more fuel,compensating for an air leak in the intake manifold...which really doesnt sound right, would a tiny little air leak(if any)keep it from running at all?"

"For what its worth marcus. I

"For what its worth marcus. I know that a leak in intake manifold will change vacuum in carb messing up mixture. Cant you fix intake manifold first and then try it? Also, make sure the gasket under carb is not sucking air. That will make it run like crap. This is a test post because my internet explorer settings were all messed up. Havent been able to post for some time. Good luck, Thomas McGee"

Back