Logo

Timing

donmega

"hello,

can someone tell me

"hello,

can someone tell me in layman terms on how to adjust the timing on my 3.0L mercruiser?

thanks very much"

Depending on year--you did not

Depending on year--you did not state the year-- you have to ground a wire coming from the module to set it. That puts the advance at minimum.

Jeff

"I have an 1988 30' SeaRay

"I have an 1988 30' SeaRay Weekender with twin 5.7L Mercruisers that is having an RPM fluctuation problem in the Port engine. Initially the Port engine began to backfire after running at 3000 RPM's. The problem was diagnosed as water in the fuel. The water / fuel separator was changed and seemed to correct the problem. However, after about ten minutes into the sea trial the RPM's began to race approx. 500 to 700 RPM's higher than the Starboard engine. Any ideas as to what the issue might be?"

"Russel:

First of all, you

"Russel:

First of all, you need to start a new post. Secondly, I suspect you didn't get all the water out. Keep changing the water filters.

Jeff"

"i think I have the same probl

"i think I have the same problem... I took on a huge wave last weekend... swamped the entire bow (where tank is) and even came over the windshield. she ran fine for the rest of the day, but the next morning she was sputtering and lacking power big time. My problem is that I've still got a half tank of gas. What would be be the best ways to remove all that water? thanks"

"If you have a water separator

"If you have a water separator, keep dumoing the gas/ changing the filters.

If you don't, GET ONE.

Jeff"

I have a 1983 model 470 Mercru

I have a 1983 model 470 Mercruser on a 22 ft Oplyian boat it want run any faster than 15 mph. The tach works part of the time. We have repalced the points and condenser rotor cap dist cap coil plug wires cleand fuel tank very clean fuel and new fuel and replaced the carb with a new one. Can you help me I only have a few days left before I have to go by home to Arkansas I am in Alaska now? Thanks Gary

"have a regal 18 footer with a

"have a regal 18 footer with a gm 3.0 liter 4 cyclinder i am getting a continuos loud sound that appears its coming from the front of the engine. Please assist
rain.gif
"

"Also the boat infull throttle

"Also the boat infull throttle does not seems to be getting the ful power, and the fan belt keeps slipping of"

"Carlos,
It seems as though y

"Carlos,
It seems as though you have a circulatring pump or an alternater failing. Does if quiet wown with the belt off?

Also, you tagged your question onto a six month old post. In the future start a new post and you will have a much better reply.

Rick"

Back