Logo

PARSUN 4HP Electric Outboard

firefighterfree

Have anyone heard about this e

Have anyone heard about this electric outboard. Do you or anyone you know or maybe heard some speaking about this motor. I want all information about this outboard looking to purchase one I need feedback thanks

"Parsun's (along with

"Parsun's (along with Sail and a couple other names that don't immediately come to mind) are "generic" names for small gas motors produced mostly by Yamaha, but are assembled in China and marketed as a "budget" alternative to the major brands.

I have no information at all as to who would be building their "electric" motors - or more accurately, who is building the parts that they are assembling, but you can be fairly confident that it is one of the major builders..."

"I just put my 15 ft Grumman B

"I just put my 15 ft Grumman Bass boat in the water yesterday. I bought a Parsun 4 HP long shaft last year and its taken me this long to design and rigg and the batteries and mount the hardware. Since this is my first foray into electric powered boating I took my time and did a lot of research. Powered by 4 C31 Battery warehouse 12 volt batteries in series, with 2 additional C31's for bildge pump and trolling motor, my boat topped at 5.2 MPH and cruised at 3 MPH. I anticipate about 4 hours run time at 3 and perhaps 1 hour run time at full throttle. My only complaint is the high pitch whine from the remote throttle controller caused by the FETs used in the controllers circuitry. At least I think its that. Any questions can be addressed to [email protected].
Boat Safely"

Back