Logo

Stall when put in forward gear

jstack

"I recently (today) pu

"I recently (today) put a new aftermarket gen2 alpha 1 drive on, when put in forward gear the motor stalls , its ok in reverse, this problem started at the same time as the upper unit failure Is there somthing I need to reset or adjust ? Josh"

"It sounds like your lower shi

"It sounds like your lower shift cable was already out of rig. Now combine that with a new drive installed and you will most definitely have to confirm the rig or you end up with a classic symptom like yours.
Good luck,
Scott"

Replace the lower shift cable.

Replace the lower shift cable. Common mistake when changing outdrives. The old cable has probably streched to the max. Its probably a good idea to just replace it.

Dave

"I got it to work by messing w

"I got it to work by messing with the interupt switch, however now it is almost inpossable to get back into neutral from drive, I suspect that the switch was dammaged when the upper exploded and there were 5 guys messing with it on the lake"

The price of the Seloc Manual

The price of the Seloc Manual sold on this site... $35.
Thr price of 5 buddies troubleshooting on a Sunday afternoon without the book.... priceless!

"The "priceless" sure

"The "priceless" sure is funny
lol.gif

Also brings up the next question: What was the buddy:beer ratio? If you go the way of replacing the lower shift cable go ahead and replace exhaust and U-joint bellows. It's a nasty job and you will use the Loards name in vane but go ahead and do it if you decide on the cable."

Back