Logo

2008 2 stroke 6hp to 8hp

cburk20

Is it possible to upgrade Toha

Is it possible to upgrade Tohatsu M6 to 8hp - upgrades to punt require a little nore power. If so what parts are required.

"Carby if you can find one ,it

"Carby if you can find one ,it is only a little gain ,In 3 months time you probably wished yu traded up to a 9.9hp."

"It can't be done at all.

"It can't be done at all. The 2-stroke 6 is a one cylinder engine....Unless you have the M6B, which is a two-cylinder engine and then you can change the carb and turn it into an 8."

Actually the 4-stroke 6 is off

Actually the 4-stroke 6 is offered as both a single cylinder model and as a twin cylinder model just as the 2-stroke model is offered as both a single or twin....Is there anything else you would like to know?

"Ive never heard of the single

"Ive never heard of the single 6hp 2 stroke ,My kid are swapping from merc to Tohatsu ,we have done a ton of research on the 6hp and 18hp 2 strokes ,just bought an 18 instead of a 15hp merc.Cant even find it on the net ???,oh well."

Depends on the country you are

Depends on the country you are located in...The 6 two stroke one cylinder and 6 four-stroke 2 cylinder were never sold in the U.S. under the Tohatsu label. The rest of the world gets different configurations.

"Thanks everyone. I'm in

"Thanks everyone. I'm in Oz and the motor in question is indeed a M6B - what are the part numbers for the upgrade.
Cheers,
Cameron"

Back