Logo

83 sunrunner 470

txny13

Regular Contributor
as i said last dec i got this

as i said last dec i got this boat from conn for $204.00 a 470 they said it does not have any spark any thoughs on this as sooner or later it will stop snowing here in buffalo

"no not yet just thinking whil

"no not yet just thinking while its still a block of ice, what my first move might be just looking forward to getting into it its my first nice boat as my other ones were all volvo trihulls from the 60s"

"It probably has points igniti

"It probably has points ignition which I would change to Pertronics electronic ignition first. Coil bad or coil wire is shot. Resistor wire bad.
http://www.vintageperformance.com/retrorockets/mercruis.htm
snow.gif
"

"Hello everyone im new to this

"Hello everyone im new to this and boating as well. but mid summer i bought a 1984 cobia sportster for 3grand and it is a jewl looks like it was built and put in storage and never used.but as the winter months hit i had to clean and winterize and put in storage but i cant help but to wonder everyday if i did the right things when i winterized it its a 470 mercruiser and the fella that i bought it from told me the only thing he ever did was taken the cap off of the heat exchanger and removed the battery. well i did that plus a few other things like check the atifreeze in the motor,put a small amount of antifreeze in the hull and worked it back and forth took the plugs out and sprayed fogging oil in the cylinders and carb also i armoralled the vynels and removed the prop is this enough or have i missed something thanks steve"

""put a small amount of an

""put a small amount of antifreeze in the hull" Why?

Change the egine oil & filter? Change the OD oil? Change fuel filters and add fuel preservative to tank? Lube OD zerk fittings?
uhoh.gif
snow.gif
"

"Steven...

1st you need to

"Steven...

1st you need to start a new thread when you want to ask a question instead of adding onto someone elses conversation.

2nd, go and search this forum for winterizing technics. Every Fall, so many questions come in about that subject you could read about it for days. But, now that we're in the middle of winter, theres no sense in worrying about it now. Hope for the best and start new in the spring.

Wrench"

"John Kelso post a pic when yo

"John Kelso post a pic when you can get to the boat. I have an 1892 sunrunner with a 470. It's a great boat, I love the way the hull rides in choppy water. Very deep V and solid. They are built with inner and outer fiberglass hulls sandwiched with foam. No wood stringers or floors to rot.

I found a history of Sunrunner: http://sunrunnerboatowners.com/

They are made here in Washington State so yours made it pretty far from home.

Here are a few pics of mine:

249463.jpg

Interior: A little too plush for fishing but the wife likes it out on the lake.

249464.jpg

249465.jpg

Engine Bay

249466.jpg
"

"great info mine is the same b

"great info mine is the same but blue and tan,but it is in a ice block here in buffalo witha high of 12 today,had any probs i weed to know cant wait to get into it ,as soom as i can i ll post pics thanks"

"my flooring is diff i have a

"my flooring is diff i have a ice cheast built into mine, also i have a built in ice bucket in my gluve box with a drink tray i must have the drinkers addition."

PS:

Very nice boat. Base

PS:

Very nice boat. Based on statistics; one of all of the 470s made had to last. Looks like you got the good one. Just kidding you; I like it.

"John I do have the ice chest

"John I do have the ice chest in the floor. Although it doesn't keep things cold very long I thought about spraying the outside of the plastic insert with some kind of foam. Sunrunner was thinking when they put that in. I just refinished the full width teak swim platform that came on my boat. I was wondering if this was an option or standard equipment.

Guy thanks for the compliment I think. If my 470 ever blows up you guys will be the last to hear about just out of embarrassment sake
"

PS:

I wrapped the sides and

PS:

I wrapped the sides and bottom of my in-dash cooler w/fiberglass ceiling tiles cut to fit. I taped the edges together w/heavy packing tape. The fiberglass is very dense and the plastic on the outside helps. I then glued a peice of cooler foam to the bottom side of the lid. Now my cooler holds a bag of ice all day in the summer. A clean cloth dipped into the melted ice water feels great when placed under my hat or just wiping my face.

i have two swim decks onr on e

i have two swim decks onr on each sideeach one is about 20" wide i would love a full swim deck lucky you

"ps :guy must be roylty ,with

"ps :guy must be roylty ,with that cool clean dipped cloth,a very daffer gent, just kidding iam dry ice in my cooler man, for my freeze pops, thats great on a hot day on the lake."

"John:

Dry ice is like hen&

"John:

Dry ice is like hen's teeth around here; SW Ohio.
How long does the dry ice last? I USED to be handsome according to a 75 yr. old female friend of mine!! She saw me on an 18 yr. old video and just wanted to let me know!
crazy.gif
"

Back