Logo

1989 sunliner removing seized engine

notadamclue

"New boat owner, old boat! I j

"New boat owner, old boat! I just acquired a 1989 sunliner 4140 with a Mits. 2.6, and the motor is seized (the price was right, FREE!). How do I seperate the engine from the bellhousing/torque convertor? I am not an idiot, I am an ASE cert. master Chrysler mechanic, but no boat experience, and I dont want to screw up more than already is."

"Do you happen to know the siz

"Do you happen to know the size of the motor you are removing? I am asking because I have a PCM V-8 302 and I am in a desperate search for the gears inside the outdrive that turn the propeller and was wondering, if the sizes are compatiable, if you would be willing to sell? Either the entire motor or just the gears...I would rather have the entire motor but will take whatever you are willing to part with. As I said, I am unsure, at this point, if it is compatiable, but I intend to find out what other, if any, motor sizes and makes, will comply with mine. Please help! If you know of anyone else that may be of some assistance to me, please let me know. Any help or hints or.... anything, will be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!!"

Re: "New boat owner, old boat! I j

Hi notadamclue,

Was wandering if you still have the seized motor, I have the same boat and I would like to stock up on spares...
Thanks!

Back