Logo

Seems Like Spring is a Long Time Coming

rod_stewart

Outstanding Contributor
"Happy New Year to all forum m

"Happy New Year to all forum members and guests!
Hope your holiday season was enjoyable and uneventful.

Am I the only one who feels that spring is too far away?
We have had an ugly winter up here with way more snow than usual, and a couple of spells of very cold weather. Like -25 C; yikes! Sure hope I got all the water out of the block last fall.

I even heard that parts of Texas, Arizona, Georgia, and what; Florida, have had freezing temperatures and/or some snow.
So all I want to know is: Where is all this global warming we keep hearing about? Bring it on; we're ready!

So who else can't wait for warm weather and a return to boating. Yeah Peter, we know it's like + 30 C or whatever down under there!

Rod"

"I agree with you Rod, bring o

"I agree with you Rod, bring on the global warming!! Although I'm convinced all this about global warming is the biggest load of horse sh** I've ever heard. As far as I'm concerned the weather has been getting cooler over the years instead of warmer and everyone I speak to feels the same."

"And it's cooler here in A

"And it's cooler here in Australia too. I'm in the tropics and it's summer here and it hasn't gone over 86F (30C), very unusual ! Global warming seems to be just another scam where people can create jobs for themselves, get government funding and governments create some new taxes.

Chris, Hervey Bay, Australia."

Hey if so called global warmin

Hey if so called global warming causes the ocean level to rise great!! I live one street back from the beach so I might end up with a beachfront!!!

"I'm w/you Rod. We just h

"I'm w/you Rod. We just had 6" of snow on Monday a.m. Then in the evening it rained for 4 hrs. and the temp. dropped quickly. I woke up w/another 6" of snow over the 1" ice covering the snow from Monday. Spring, where fore art thou?
snow.gif

P.S.

I tried to contact Peter down under and his email returned as not deliverable."

Guy;
I hear you.
I have been

Guy;
I hear you.
I have been watching the weather across the continent and there have not been many spots east of the Rockies spared this grief.
In Vancouver they had endless snow for weeks and now endless fog and rain. The snow still has not melted there. Unbelievable.

Wonder what has happened to Peter C? Must be out boating that lucky so and so.

Rod

I've bought more gas for m

I've bought more gas for my snowblower than my car.... but I am damn glad I've got one.
Boats looks so sad all covered in snow.

"Just think, only a few short

"Just think, only a few short days untill the groundhog has to do his thing. Comeoooonnnne Willy, give us an early spring. Course if he says an early one like he said last year, and he's wrong again, he's gonna wind up in the cook-pot. Anybody got a good stew recipe for albino groundhog?

Yah, Gabe I agree with with you on all accounts.

Guy, I tried to get a hold of Peter to ask him something and got the same response.

Wrench"

"G'day from Victoria Austr

"G'day from Victoria Australia any chance you blokes can send us down some ice,we're having trouble keeping the beer cold? It's 110*F (about 43*C)here at the moment, can't even pick a spanner up if it's in the sun.
Greg"

"Shift up to Hervey Bay, Greg,

"Shift up to Hervey Bay, Greg, Only got to 28 today. Been watching the tennis, feel sorry for all you guys down there !

"Chris, how are you off for do

"Chris, how are you off for domestic water? we're on rations of 155litres per person,per day, perhaps!
Doesn't leave much to flush out the outboard."

"G-Day Greg, We have never bee

"G-Day Greg, We have never been short of water here. We are out of the south east Queensland zone and haven't had any restrictions like they have had further south !.

Chris"

"Phil???? Yea if you're ta

"Phil???? Yea if you're talking about the PA critter. Up here it's Wiarton Willy that predicts our outcome. Wiarton? Oh, a little village on the Bruce Penninsula between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay about 3 hours or so northwest of Toronto, if you were wonderin'.

Greg - Chris ..... I thought you guys were in the midst of a heat wave ... + 40C and all; with train tracks warping and such?

Looks like we had another couple of inches last night, with another good dumping coming Sunday. Like I said before.... good thing God invented snowblowers and Jeeps.

I'd rather talk about boats, but the only thing I've been doin' is constantly clearing mounds and mounds of snow off mine.

That critter better have a favourable prediction or it will be stew!"

"Hey Gabe, small world. I just

"Hey Gabe, small world. I just left Thessalon which if you do not know is on the North channel of Lake Huron. I have a home there ( wife is from there) I feel your pain, it snowed almost everyday of the 6 weeks I spent there. My wife was born in Brace Bridge. Beautiful country you have up there. Hoping to move us and my boat up there in two years when I retire at 50, assuming everything goes acording to plans
"

"G-Day Gabe, You are right, th

"G-Day Gabe, You are right, the southern part of Australia is having a heat wave, +40C, some places have been over 110F. Not because of "climate change" but a northerly wind blowing the heat out of the desert. Happens every year down there, some years worse than others.
Here in Queensland they say about our weather, "Beautiful one day, perfect the next". Temperature range of Hervey Bay, during the day, 20c to 30c, can go boating all year !

AND the Great Barrier Reef starts just 30nm to the north, only an hour away in the Sea Ray.

While you Guys are stuck in doors, Google earth us here, have a look at the pictures on there, Lady Musgrave Island etc.

"No, I won't Google you...

"No, I won't Google you... I know it'll make me cry.
But I'm glad YOU'RE enjoying it.
I think it might just warm up enuf next week, like around -2 or -3, to start the rebuilding of my starter and alternator... I hope.
Got an itch to do something with my boat other than the aforementioned snow removal."

"Ok, its official. That stupid

"Ok, its official. That stupid groundhog said that we're going to get 6 more weeks of winter. Problem is that he is usually wrong. That means we will probably get at least 8-10 more weeks. My boat can't take this anymore. I'm going to have to outfit it with skiis on the front instead of on a rope 50 feet back. The prop will have to be changed into a track somehow.

Wrench"

"don't lose heart wrench.

"don't lose heart wrench. we still haven't heard from Wierton Willie. or was it Tobermory Tom? I can't remember; is Wierton the place with the big cliffs just off the water? with the really old trees growing on them? anyhow as I understand it, if the big rat sees his shadow another 6 weeks of winter. if not a month and a half. have you heard of Phlorida Phred? about the same except he's an armadillo and it's more important that he make it across the highway. no one knows what happens if he makes it, cause he never has. they just get a new one every year. hang in there fellas. so far spring has almost always come."

Back