Logo

Heater for Open Salon Cockpit

chollyjohn

Regular Contributor
I am looking at purchasing a h

I am looking at purchasing a hydronic heater for the open salon portion of my cockpit area. Area is roughly 9' x 11' x 6' high. Roof area is the bridge and sides have glass windows; rear has a canvas eisenglas/canvas drop curtain. I am trying to determine what size heater would be adequate (cabin areas is not included in this)
I suspect a 28K-40K BTUH hydronic by Heater Craft or Maradyne Marine. ANyone have any experience or suggestions?

the ole school bus heater! goo

the ole school bus heater! good plan. I can't think of a reason not to... although I've often wondered why OEM's don't routinely install them on boats.

I've gotta believe 40k BTU will run you out of that 100sf space though.

"Agreed - 15K to 20K BTU shoul

"Agreed - 15K to 20K BTU should be more than sufficient for that space, even if you're leaking a lot of it outside."

"Thankx for the input guys. I

"Thankx for the input guys. It reinforces info I found on the website that had a BTU calculator and it recommended around 15K which also equates to about (3) 1500watt heaters. Price isn't bad at $288.00 for a 28K. I mostly want it for fall to spring fishing trips. The cabin will be supplied with whatever heat falls into it since the doors to cabin are a wide opening. Enough to take the chill off between fighting the fish. LOL.
248519.jpg
salon space

Back