Logo

Thanks BondoMista Hays and Mark Bowden

1973browning

Contributing Member
"Thanks Bondo,Mista Hays and M

"Thanks Bondo,Mista Hays and Mark Bowden for
helping out last week. Thanks bondo for the cut and paste. Thanks Mark for the porting site(great info.) And finally, thanks Mista Hays for the info. on temps. I got this much out of the site Mark: Porting creates more flow,thus making
the carb pull more cfm of air/fuel,thus making camshaft spin faster,thus making attainable rpms increase,thus raising horsepower thus creating more heat and friction. The rpms are the problem because the 470 is only intended to turn at 4800 wot. I never planned to ever run the motor at this max rpm. So I definitely do not want to exceed max rpm. (boom,bang,etc.,etc.,etc.) lol.
I dont want a race engine either, just a stock 470 thats not going to overheat and blow head gaskets. I thought by porting the engine it could breath better in turn allowing temps to stay at minimum levels. That is to say running engine within manufacturers specs. with good oil pressure and adequate cooling system.
Thanks, Thomas McGee"

Thanks Thomas. Glad Bondo coul

Thanks Thomas. Glad Bondo could ... eyah... teach me a thing or two over my past 1000 posts that i could pass on to you.

"sorry... its "ayuh" n

"sorry... its "ayuh" not "eyah". Which, btw, is New England speak for, "son... let me tell you a thing or two"."

I kind of figured that out aft

I kind of figured that out after reading his posts for the first couple of times. It kind of reminds me of Scooby Doo. Just kiddin you Bondo.lol

"I want to add that there are

"I want to add that there are many knowledable members on this site and they will respond to try to help. Thank you very much and that is why I am a member of this forum.
biggrin.gif
"

Back