Logo

Serial Number

bluemerlin

"Hello,
Question for those

"Hello,
Question for those with the magic books, I have what I think is a 5.7L. The serial on the back by the starter is 6825279, and the Rochester 4bbl carb has part # 17080563. From what I can find, it looks like a 85-86 engine, but the carb is a 1980 for a 7.4L/454Magnum???
Is there much difference in the carbs? (looks like the jets and rods are only .001 different.) I guess it could have been rebuilt with the proper jets and rods for the 5.7.

Thanks!
Chris."

"Ayuh,...

The Q-Jets are a

"Ayuh,...

The Q-Jets are a variable venturi carb,+ can be Tuned to run on about Any motor...."

"Thanks!

Can anyone tell

"Thanks!

Can anyone tell me more about the engine serial number? The boat is an 89, but the engine was replaced by the previous owner, (no paperwork now), so I am *pretty* sure it is still a 5.7L, but maybe a previous year? Anything else I need to check?

[just asking to make future trips to the parts store more productive...] And I have a strange high-rpm loss of power when warm... for a future post when I have more details. Chasing carb/choke possibilities now. The archives here have been VERY helpful!!!!!

Thanks again,
Chris"

"[b]"And I have a strange

""And I have a strange high-rpm loss of power when warm... for a future post when I have more details. Chasing carb/choke possibilities now."

Ayuh,..

You have already changed the Filters,.. Right,..??

Any Crap in them,..??"

Back