and am told this is normal as engine is horizontal

also told not supposed to happen have stuck float

who's right?

i pumped fuel bulb when engine is down and have slight leak on lower cyl

engine performs fine should i clean or rebuild stuck float
thx
mat taz

"Rebuild the carbs. Better no

"Rebuild the carbs. Better now than waiting to see if you stay trouble free during the summer when you want to use the boat, not pull wrenches on it."

"If you are talking about afte

"If you are talking about after running it and you raise it after putting it back on the trailer, that is normal for that motor."

"With the motor tilted up all

"With the motor tilted up all the way it's inevitable that you will get some leaking from the carb throats, but if any leak when the motor is in it's normal position and you pump up the fuel bulb, do as Rollie says - at the very least your float is out of adjustment..."

"ok normal to leak when i rais

"ok normal to leak when i raise

but when i pump with engine down i get a slight leakage on bottom cyl, so what should a 3 cyl rebuild cost, parts + labor complete just a ballpark estimate, thx and should i change the fuel diagphram while i'm apart?

thx guys"

If you are geting leakage with

If you are geting leakage with the motor down like that then yes your carbs should be rebuilt using new gaskets and needle (there are no replaceable seats in those carbs). And yes the fuel pump should be rebuilt also. Be sure to use a kit from Merc as they contain new style check valves.

"thx IBN ROLLIE GRAHAM
yup mo

"thx IBN ROLLIE GRAHAM
yup motor down bottom cyl small leakage.
boat runs like a scalded ape but after sitting motor down while fishing smokes quite a bit upon restart sometimes starts rough and then burns off. preventive maintenance in order, estimate on carb kits?, and labor time for complete rebuild?
thx again"

Back