Logo

2001 50 EFI fuel shut off at injectors

carolloaj

"I have a 2001 190 Sea Ray bow

"I have a 2001 190 Sea Ray bowrider I just purchased 2 weeks ago from an individual. The engine has 104 hours on it and the seller told me that it "runs perfect and (he) never had a bit of trouble with it." ----- It runs great -- when it runs. After operating for 30 mins. or so at 2800 to 3200 RPM we stopped to change skiers. The motor would crank and sometimes sputter a time or two, but would not start. After swimming for awhile (1 hour),It started right up. Temp was running runs 170 to 174, but in this late summer warm lake water the repair shop said that was normal. I thought it might be a vapor lock. I replaced the fuel seperator, topped it off with fresh gas, added Sea Foam. -- It ran for two day before it started happening again. Except the wait between starting increased to about 1 to 3 days. It's not vapor lock.

I disconected the fuel line to the throttle body and varified that it is pumping fuel when priming. Gas comes out like a garden hose. When re-connected and turning the key to prime, the injectors are not allowing fuel to enter the cylinders on the TB. When spraying starter fluid in to the open TB to see if there is spark, it will pop and sputter SOMETIMES. But not consistently. - The marina/shop had to tow it in the following day after not starting, but when the mechanic put the boat on the dyagnostic equip. it started right up with no codes. The mechanic says that intermintant electrical issues are the hardest to diagnose and he may not have time until late September.. -- any thought out there on what I can do to narrow down the suspect list? Thank you, Jim C"

"I would start by looking at t

"I would start by looking at the safety switch. If the plastic has deformed due to heat (and I know how hot it gets down there), it won't pull the switch out or push it in enough. Try removing the lanyard and push or pull the switch, whichever the case may be, to see if it starts. After that, I would look at the fuel injection fuse and watch the oil pressure- there's an oil pressure sensor that can kill the spark.."

Back