Logo

2002 yamaha SX200TRA Dies but will restart

j3847mc

"The motor will lose power and

"The motor will lose power and die as though it is out of gas. I tried pumping the gas bulb several times, and it feels firm like it has pressure on it. It will restart and run about 3 seconds and then die again. Then on the second restart it will run for about 2-3 minutes then die like it has run out of fuel again."

"SOUNDS LIKE THE FILTER IN THE

"SOUNDS LIKE THE FILTER IN THE VST IS CLOGGED, BUT ILL TELL YA ON MY LAKE AND BAY I GOT A 225 OX66 AND HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM, FINALLY I ENDED UP SENDING THE BOAT TO THE FACTORY SO THE FUEL HOSES COULD BE REPLACED. THEY WERE COLAPPSING UNDER PRESSURE. YOU MIGHT TRY A TEST TANK AND FUEL HOSE TO SEE IF THIS CORRECTS THE PROBLEM. ALSO CHECK ALL OF YOUR FILTERS"

"Zach and Just-In-Time, Thank

"Zach and Just-In-Time, Thanks for the advice, I will clean or change the filters and see if that fixes it. I guess if that doesn't fix it I will check the fuel pump. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again!}}"

"my yamaha 200hp 4 stroke 6cly

"my yamaha 200hp 4 stroke 6clyinder, starts ok but when riding for 3 minutes, the engine decreases its speed and dies itself and after starting again it starts with back fire please help}}}
my email ID [email protected]"

i am having the same problem w

i am having the same problem with my sx200. i keep losing a ground to the fuel pump at idle. if i rev it up it will supply the ground and keep it running. but i have not yet been able to figure this one out. i think its a ecu problem...

Back