Logo

Volvo penta TAMD41B

metalmicky

"I have twin TAMD41b engines i

"I have twin TAMD41b engines in a Princess 33 flightbridge.Diesel floating on water and smoke badly when running, so seems to be overfueling. Any one any idea as to what could be causing this . It isnt burning oil and definitely smells of Diesel."

"I have a single TAMD41P with

"I have a single TAMD41P with abour 2800 hrs on it and there is some smoke and some fuel on the water. Supposedly, this could be a sign of a bad fuel injector. A mechanic loosened each injector in turn and nothing changed. I suppose they could all be slightly worn or clogged.

You could have worn or clogged injectors, I suppose. My manual says they should be checked every 600 hours but since I bought the boat used, I have no idea when they were last checked.

I can't think of anything else that would affect both engines equally."

"I have twin TAMD 40Bs and exp

"I have twin TAMD 40Bs and experienced a similar problem at about 3,000hours (the hours may not be that relevant). I bought the boat with about 2,700 hours on the engines. The previous owner had been using 30 weight high quality Delo diesel engine oil which I continued to use without any significant smoke or fuel on water. I bought it at Costco as it was cheaper. Then Costco changed the weight they carried to 10/30 weight which is what the specs called for anyway. The results shortly thereafter were heavy smoke on starting and fuel on water, + a tendency to smoke under acceleration and in general. It is possible that the 10/30 had more detergent and or sufficiently less viscosity that it no longer "sealed" the rings as well as the 30 weight. Prior to going back to straight 30 weight Delo, the boat went on the hard and has been there for 3 years so I never had a chance to see what happened when I went back to straight 30 weight. Please post what you find out for your engines. It would help me."

"Hi ,I would appreciate any he

"Hi ,I would appreciate any help and ideas given to me on how can I install on the fly bridge on my Princess 330 ,two temperature gauges and [it is only below decks fitted by Volvo Penta]if I can connect them parallel with the same device on the engines. At the fly brige has only buzzers. Thanks to anyone for the help. Chris ps the engines are TAMD 41A"

You can parallel. But if you d

You can parallel. But if you do you have to get dual gauge senders for engines.

Back