Logo

Yamaha F115 4stroke does not start

gstjern

"I have a 2006 model F115 that

"I have a 2006 model F115 that won't start. I have tried a not sophisticated fail finding. The problem is as follows:
When the key is turned normal power is present and I can also hear a small sound (summing) in the motor that my be the fuel pump. The voltage is 14,6 volts both shown on the cockpit gauge and measured on the starter against ground.
When I turn the key to the second position (crancing position) there is no sound/action in the starter. There is no observed voltage drop while doing this.
I have furthermore chencked the electric switch on the gear positioner, and found only when in neutral as it should.

Can someone give me advice or a wiring diagram for further troubleshooting?

Best regards
Gisle"

Yep check the solenoid...jump

Yep check the solenoid...jump across it and make a direct connection to the positive side of the starter motor and see if it cranks.

"Q to JUST-IN-TIME: Code 13 is

"Q to JUST-IN-TIME: Code 13 is that a message You get when chencing the engine with a computer? I have tried to chenck that point because I was curious about the same. I got a short-cut or contact only when the gear is in free, otherwise there is no contakt. This was checked on the wires coming out of the gear shifter (in a junction box).

I will try to shortcut or jump across on the starter. How and where is that. I tried yesterday byt got omly a spark and stopped that attempt. Maybe I did that wrong?

Is there a wiring Diagram available, becaus I also have the key-switch as a possible fault. Which cable (color) out of the key switch gives the start signal to the starter solenoid?

Best regards Gisle"

Back