Logo

250 V76 2stroke does not pickup

harm

"Hi, we've got a weird pro

"Hi, we've got a weird problem with my 1998 250 2 stroke. Unfortunally I had water in my fuel and engine died on it. (in dock at low rpm) after cleaning carbs(6), filter and fuellines and new plugs it came up to 4800 rpm instead of the normal 56OO. I assumed there was still water/dirt I cleaned the carbs with seafoam Creep and the engine would not pick up at all. only idle.
Cleaned the carbs again, incl injectors and changed the diapraghmas of the fuel (3) pumps. Did a test run this afternoon but it still won't pick up. I cannot figger out if she is drawning of not getting enoug fuel. I checked electric fuel pump and it pumps nicely
Could this be something electric. I do work a lot on car engines and it sounds like a MAP sensor problem to me... Any thoughts with you guys"

"Harmen, you have lost me a bi

"Harmen, you have lost me a bit in your description - you talk of cleaning 6 carbs and then you say, cleaned the carbs again including "injectors".

Mostly for curiosity on my part, do you mean that you cleaned the six "throats" on the throttle body (this is a throttle body injected engine correct).

Your comparison to a bad MAP may be right on target. There are a number of "bleed lines" running back and forth on the block which operate on crankcase vaccum - you will see them as a series of small black tubes/hoses terminating at fittings (nipples) at various spots on the block.

You can check the hoses and nipples to see if they are blocked up. I'm not sure if they have check valves as well. If Just-In-Time drops by he would probably know for sure - this is a little more horsepower than I normally work on.."

thanks Graham. I notice that o

thanks Graham. I notice that one of those bleed lines on top of engine (near starter) was leaking some fuel/oil substantion. I will check and clean them later this week and see if this makes a difference.
Another thing is that after the carbs there are some machanical intake which looks quite greasy. I'll check that one also.
Cheers so far

Those bleed lines serve two ba

Those bleed lines serve two basic functions. First they scavenge extra fuel/oil from the reeds to keep the intake ratio balanced properly and second they supply that to the crankshaft bearings to keep them lubricated.

A leak in any of them or a clog could eventually cause serious issues - no lubrication causing bearing failure/crank damage or allow additional air back into the intake unbalancing the air/fuel/oil mix ratio causing (at best) performance issues (at worst) lack of adequate lubrication to the cylinders.

So while they may seem just like some "little hose" they provide a very necessary function...

"Hi Graham, I've been pret

"Hi Graham, I've been pretty busy with my engine. Cleaned everything three times now have removed and checked all lines I could find but there is no change.
It puzzles me. Any thoughts or suggestions from you guys, Cheers Harmen"

Just reporting... have had the

Just reporting... have had the solenoids valve assemblies cleened and first test ride the engine picked up. It was not great but is it is a start. Does some knows how to test these solenoids and how far the pin should retract?
cheers Harmen

Back