Logo

F150 running rough

billyspitstop

"I have twin F150s on my 25ft

"I have twin F150s on my 25ft Grady. Recently, the starboard engine began running 400 rpms slower than the port at 4000/3600 or so. Also, it runs VERY rough coming out of the hole to get on plane. It seems like one of the cylinders might not be firing.

I pulled the plugs, and they all look clean (replaced anyway). Still rough. It starts and idles just fine.

I am assuming this is a clogged injector or trashy filter or VST. The other motor runs fine, which leads me to believe that I don't have a general fuel problem.

I was going to drain the VST and change the fuel filter. Should I also pull the injectors and clean them? Or just run some injector cleaner through the engine via a portable tank? I just ordered the service manual, but any advice/pictures on cleaning the injectors would be appreciated."

Definitely planning to change/

Definitely planning to change/check filters and run a test tank. Any recommendations on additives to avoid the ethanol problem in the future?

I had a similar problem. Intak

I had a similar problem. Intake manifold gasket leaking and liening out the affected clys which causes a slight choppy idle. Where the intake meets the head the oring seal distorts over time and leaks. Start the engine with the ear muffs on and let it warm up. While idleing spray some
WD40 around the intake manifold to head mating
surface. If you get an incerase in idle you have found the leak.

Back