Logo

Fuel Filter on Bottom of Alpha Fuel Pump

sjt00

The fuel filter on my Alpha is

The fuel filter on my Alpha is located on the bottom side of the fuel pump where I can't even see it let alone reach it. Does this mean that I must remove the fuel pump just to replace the fuel filter or is there some "trick" for removing the fuel filter?

Should be a spin on cartrage l

Should be a spin on cartrage like an oil filter. You just need to get at it. You might want to look into having your fuel filter(s) relocated in a convenient servicable location.

Disconnect the battery first.

Disconnect the battery first. Unscrew the screw/nut enough to remove the keeper. Pull off the dome and replace the filter and gasket. Reverse the procedure to install. Check for leaks.

"If you have limited space in

"If you have limited space in the engine compartment, it may be easier to remove the fuel pump from the engine and then change the filter on your bench. It is near impossible to change this filter on my 185 Bayliner unless the pump is removed from the engine."

That's nasty. Unbelievabl

That's nasty. Unbelievable that it is so hard to get at. Best to remove the pump if you can't see it cuz you need positive confirmation that the bowl gasket is seated correctly. What a shame.

Back