Logo

PCM 60 Engines

hnejad

"I installed two PCM 6.0 engin

"I installed two PCM 6.0 engines in my 32 foot boat 2 years ago. The risers are leaking now. The dealer said that the leak is normal. Meanwhile I have salt building all over the engines.
Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket Risers that I can purchase?
Also, I was told that the Risers for the 6.0 engines are defective by design. I am looking for people who are having the same problem. May be we can approach PCM to fix the problem.
Thanks
Joe fro Fort Lauderdale"

"Joe,

Although it is common

"Joe,

Although it is common, it's still not normal and I wouldn't tolerate it. They have come up with an improved gasket for that area I would get them changed. What is the status of your warranty? If you're still covered there's not a problem. If you're expired, it's still worth a call to PCM. Don't rely on the dealer to go to bat for you. As the consumer, you'll get a lot farther than he will."

Sounds like the dealer is more

Sounds like the dealer is more defective than the riser / manifold gasket.

Not a good place to have a leak. I'd follow Ricks advice.

"Steve, I thought you were put

"Steve, I thought you were put out to sea, where in the world have you been?"

"Here, there and everywhere!

"Here, there and everywhere! I thought that I'd drop in and see what was going on. I have been crazy busy with work lately and the boat has been picking up some cobwebs! Very sad situation but I think that it's going to start going my way soon.

On a brighter note I actually got to fish twice last week. The old gal started right up and ran great, E10 and all. Unfortunately I have developed a pin hole leak in my oil pan. Not the best news as the T-top/electronics and console all have to come off prior to lifting the engine. I think I may toss a handful of diapers under it and cross my fingers for a while.

Hope all's well and HNY to you Rick and everyone on the site. I have learned quite a bit reading what you smart guys have to say regarding the care and feeding of marine V8s!

Oh yeah, I knocked the hell out of the stripers."

Back