Logo

1989 OMC 23 Cobra Flywheel coupler

jerry_reimers

"Hi, I've spun out my coup

"Hi, I've spun out my coupler part# 984629 and they don't make this part anymore. I've checked all the aftermarket manufacturers and they don't have it. Russel has it listed on their catalog but they say that they don't have it anymore. Tried several salvage yards but no reply to e-mails. I heard from two aftermarket supply managers that said I'm not the first searching for it and that some fella found one on the West Coast from a place the supposedly has a couple still in stock. Does anyone know anyone that is parting out an old 2.3 Cobra 87-89 engine or knows where I can get this part? Thanks Jerry Reimers"

"Bob you are a hero. I've

"Bob you are a hero. I've been looking for months and don't know how I missed that ebay posting but thank goodness you didn't. Well, I won it and the part is on its way. Thanks a ton! What causes these things to spin out?"

"Bob just has that way about h

"Bob just has that way about him.
sun.gif
"

"Hi Frank...Happy New Year!!!

"Hi Frank...Happy New Year!!!

Jerry...the most common cause for them to spin out is an alignment problem with the drive shaft. The alignment can get out of whack over time due to things like engine mounts compressing or wooden stringers starting to get soft causing the engine to drop a bit. I would recommend that you rent, borrow or buy an alignment tool (can find them on ebay reasonable). After you you've replaced the coupler and put the engine back in use the tool to check.adjust the engine alignment before putting the drive back on."

Back