Logo

Inline 371 HELP

tyler_laxton

the 371 is used for generater

the 371 is used for generater application. my problem is i can't get the frequency in the switchboard to stabalize loaded or unloaded. I have changed the injectors reset the rack a dozen times and changed the govener. Anybody have any info???????

"I am not an expert, but whene

"I am not an expert, but whenever I have funny electrical issues I look for a "bad" ground - this could be a bad (loose, corroded) connection from one component to ground, or two components do not have a common ground (simple test - run a ground wire temporarily from one bare metal part to the other component). Hope it helps."

IT ONLY HAS THREE TERMINALS TH

IT ONLY HAS THREE TERMINALS THERE ALL GOOD. I AM ACTUALLY AN ELECTRICIAN IN THE NAVY BUT I AM ALSO THE SECOND ENGINEER FOR MY BOAT. THE FREQUENCY HUNTING AS GOT TO BE FUEL RELATED OR IN THE SWITCHBOARD SOMEWHERE U JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE.

CHARLES I MAY NOT HAVE UNDERST

CHARLES I MAY NOT HAVE UNDERSTOOD YOU IT IS 2 IN THE MORNING HERE IM IN JAPAN. DID YOU MEAN ONE OF THE COMPONENTS IN THE SWITCHBOARD OR THE GOVENOR.

"Bill - no problem with confus

"Bill - no problem with confusion. First off, THANK YOU for your service to our country. Second: Not knowing what you are working on, I am generalizing. As you are an electrician, you probably have covered my idea already. But simply put: You have an engine (diesel), electric generator directly bolted or fan-belt attached, a govenor, and a switchbox. Seems like 4 different components, even if mounted to each other or on a common boss. All 4 need the same ground potential, as you are undoubtedly aware. That was my only thought - a better ground in one component (or one component with bad ground sending juice to another with good ground) causes weird stuff to happen with reverse flows etc. Best of luck."

"I would assume its a Woodward

"I would assume its a Woodward hydraulic gov.
Check droop adj.
Can you clarify further, do you think its an engine issue, i.e. speed hunt, etc. or electrical?
The post states unstable freq; how bad is it?
fwiw, I'm running a 6-71 gen at the moment, the freq. meter on my stateroom desk shows a slow freq. fluctuation between 59.8 and 60.4
Oh and why is an EM doing engine work, go getcha
an EN... just kiddin..."

Back