Logo

Are there major differences or known problems

mrgrumpy

I have a shortlist of 3 Sealin

I have a shortlist of 3 Sealine S38's that I am going to inspect (with a view to buy one) in the next couple of weeks. Suprisingly each one is running different Volvo Diesel engines and I'm wondering if there are any major differences (apart from the Horsepower) and more importantly if there are any known problems or issues with the three engine models. An idea on fuel consumption may also be useful. The three different engine choices are KAD44 (260hp)... KAD300 (285hp)...D6 (310hp). Thanks in advance for your opinions and information

KAD 44 and KAD300 are same bas

KAD 44 and KAD300 are same base model and 300 are the last hardest tuned model that volvo ever made with this 3.6 liter block. The D6 are a complete new design with more volume (I don't know exactly liters. Probably you will get a far better boat with the D6 both in performance and economy. Also I would suspect that the d6 with bigger volume will last longer as it's not as hard tuned as the 44 and 300.

I have a new D4-225. Has serou

I have a new D4-225. Has serous problems that are from the factory. Stalls for no reason and the outdrive trim screws up when in rough water. Read about stalling problem in diesel forum. Also stalling problem on D-6. You should read the post in the forum before buying. It cost $25.00 to join but was worth it for me. I have found some possible fixes for both problems.

Herb

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quot

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I have a new D4-225. Has serous problems that are from the factory. Stalls for no reason and the outdrive trim screws up when in rough water. Read about stalling problem in diesel forum. Also stalling problem on D-6. You should read the post in the forum before buying. It cost $25.00 to join but was worth it for me. I have found some possible fixes for both problems.

Herb<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

It should be under warranty so you shouldn't have to deal with it yourself.

Back