Logo

75 chrysler

bvdpm1

"I have a '77 7.5hp chrysl

"I have a '77 7.5hp chrysler that starts fine, idles fine, but when put into forward bogs down and won't run at full throttle; if in neutral it will rev up and down but not while in forward; same for reverse. Any hints would be appreciated. Also, I live in Saginaw, Mi area and am looking for a service shop for chrysler outboards. can't seem to find one...}"

"William, bogging out when in

"William, bogging out when in gear (under load) is usually a clogged carb. The other issue that could cause what you desribe is an issue in the lower unit, but I would start with the carb.

As to finding Chrysler service - good luck. Chrysler last cranked out an outboard about 25 years ago. Bayliner bought what was left of the bankrupt company back in 1984 and then Merc took over the whole shebang a couple years later. So Crysler dealers went the way of the dinosaurs.

Nowadays, most dealers won't work on motors more than about 10 or 15 years old, so you are really going to have to do some looking to find anyone to take a look at it..."

Check with Hurrikain Marine Pr

Check with Hurrikain Marine Products. They are in Saginaw. Maybe they could point you to a service shop.

Back