Logo

Parts year or ID for this V4 engine images supplied

badman

"Hi there folks.
Posting this

"Hi there folks.
Posting this enquiry with some images this time.

Got a V4 Ford engine in my boat which probably had an OMC inboard at one time as the OMC sterndrive is still in place.

I am trying to ID the engine, to ascertain it's year of manufacture and size/bhp.

The exhaust manifold has rusted out can these be purchased to match the head ports?
Any help or info appreciated !!
cheers
Matt Carey
247549.jpg
image 1"">
247550.jpg
image 2"">
247551.jpg
image 3"">
247552.jpg
image 4

I have no idea but isn't t

I have no idea but isn't the sediment bowl on the fuel folter mounted upside down?

"What I found.

"The Tau

"What I found.

"The Taunus V4 was a V4 piston engine with one balance shaft, introduced by Ford Motor Company in Germany in 1962. The German V4 was built in the Cologne plant and powered the Ford Taunus and German versions of the Granada, Capri and Transit. It is sometimes considered not to be a 'true' V engine as two opposing pistons do not share a crankpin on the crankshaft.
The V4 was later expanded into the Ford Cologne V6 engine that was used in the Ford Capri, Ford Taunus, Ford Cortina, Ford Consul, Ford Granada, Ford Sierra, Ford Scorpio and many other cars. The V4 engine was (and still is) also used in industrial applications: pumps, electrical generators, and in agricultural machinery. In automobiles, the Taunus V4 was replaced by the Ford OHC/Pinto engine."

My take: Put it in the dumpster. Repower the boat or put my money into a newer boat with a more conventional setup... i.e. Mercruiser 350 with Alpha drive."

Back