Aq125a overheating

S

shawn willson

hey all
im back with more pro

hey all
im back with more problems
engine is overheating
can u give me some tips and where to start looking for the problem. also any prints or websites that have picture diagrams for troubleshooting would be great too

"Start checking the condition

"Start checking the condition of the raw water hose connector in the outdrive. If it is corroded your engine raw water pump will be sucking air once the boat is on the plane (this is a very common problem). The hose connector looks like this:

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/part_details.php?pnum=SIE18-2778&returntopage= 80240788.htm

If this is not the problem, check the raw water pump impeller, the condition of the raw water strainer (is it plugged?) and the condition of the exhaust manifold (internally choked due to corrosion?)"

is the impeller where the 2 li

is the impeller where the 2 lines connect

"just a silly question EL PESC

"just a silly question EL PESCADOR the beam of any boat is measured from where to where ??

also thanks you for all your help on my overheating problems i changed the raw water hose conector also had the water tank boiled boat runs great at about 180 degrees wide open !!thanks or all your help and time , and pacients chatting with me !! Dennis"

"You are welcome, Dennis.

R

"You are welcome, Dennis.

Regarding your question, and in simple terms, beam is the width of the boat's hull at its widest point. You normally measure it from the port to the starboard top gunwhales (the gunwhale is the upper edge of the boat side)."

Back