Logo

30 water leak

whip1

I have a 1989 3.0 engine.With

I have a 1989 3.0 engine.With the water hose hooked up with the engine running water leaks between the engine and the bell housing.Any thoughts what it could be.The boat sat for 2 years.Any ideas on the cost for repaires. Thanks for any suggestions.Bill

"Turn drive hard to starboard

"Turn drive hard to starboard and check raw water hose from back of bell housing to transom assembly, could be split and dry rotted.

And before you get to carried away water is going to come out of Relief ports at bottom of transom assembly."

"there are 2 freeze plugs behi

"there are 2 freeze plugs behind the flywheel.not a major repair, but the engine must come out."

I think your Y-pipe for your e

I think your Y-pipe for your exhaust might have been corroded. I had the same problem and had to take the engine out to replace it. The part is not that much but the labor killed me.

"just read your volvo post. I&

"just read your volvo post. I'm guessing you are running on a trailer with flusher, and your leak is inside the boat. is this correct??"

back again. I meant O.M.C. pos

back again. I meant O.M.C. post. when you mention "bell housing" are You talking about the flywheel housing? what brand of engine are we talking about anyway?

scott yes the boats on a trail

scott yes the boats on a trailer and yes there is water running in when the motor is running

Scott any way to check without

Scott any way to check without pulling engine.There is a stream running on the starter side and a trickle on the port side.Any guess on cost of repair and how to pull engine it looks like there are 4 bolts in the hull.Split from fly wheel cover and disconnect wires and cables.Any thing else.Thanks bill

Back