Logo

2000 Yamaha 30HP 3 cylinder 2 stroke Oil Injected again

coco

"With all due thanks to you de

"With all due thanks to you decent blokes who have helped me with this motor in the past, I've been crook and am just now getting back into working on it. Fresh fuel, fresh oil, plugs, clean filter.
Engine hunts, like it's starving for fuel then picks up or stalls but won't maintain a constant rate idle.

If I use the warm up long enough she will eventually run a bit less uneven. Having difficulty determining if it's a fuel or timing/ electrics problem. If I can get it in gear and underway without stalling it pulls a 14 foot tinnie with 2 up big blokes quite well with 3/4 or better throttle but at lesser throttle settings gets more and more uneven. I've usually got a good feeling for motors but this oil injected thing has got me guessing as even the noises it does make just don't gell with what I'm used to with Merc's etc.

Can someone tell me the timing settings for this one and any specific things I should be aware of re setting the timing, any other helpful thoughts will be greatly appreciated too guys."

"Robert,

I sounds like a cl

"Robert,

I sounds like a clogged idle jet. I would start by removing the carbs and cleaning them out thoroughly.

It is almost impossible for the timing to get out of adjustment, unless someone set things up incorrectly.

The idle speed is set by adjusting the timing, so if the idle speed is okay, the timing is good. The maximum advance would not affect low speed operation.

Tony"

Back