Logo

Tilttrim

J

jessievanouse

I just bought a 86 bayliner ca

I just bought a 86 bayliner capri with a penta 275 outdrive and when I go forward the trim doesn't work I was wondering if it was designed like that

"Unless you have power trim &#

"Unless you have power trim (hydraulic), it won't work with the boat running. The tilt mechanism (mechanical) is only designed to lift the outdrive when you are trailering."

"I hope you didn't try usi

"I hope you didn't try using the power TILT (not trim) while running the motor hard. If so, the screw mechanism is history.

Jeff"

"We just bought an Invader wit

"We just bought an Invader with the same volvo penta 275, this information was very helpful and I thank you. I have a question though, do I have to keep the trim in the down position or can I put it in position and then go. Thanks for your help."

"You can keep keep the trim me

"You can keep keep the trim mechanism up as long as you want, provided you don't run your engine. I also recall Volvo saying that you can trim the outdrive slightly at very low speed (like when running in a very shallow area) with the tilt mechanism; but if you forget to bring it down, bye-bye tilt mechanism!!"

Back