Logo

RPM flucuation

adunn

"have a 1997 33'0" Sea

"have a 1997 33'0" Sea ray Express with approx 850 hr the engines #OK189975 have been serviced and maintain on a regular basis.
On a trip from Miami to Marathon after 45Min travel at cruise speed the Starboard engine RPM started to Fluctuate high to low like it was not getting any fuel, check all wiring, fuel line , fuel filter ,etc. Stop Engine and continue on with the trip on one engine. Going into the Harbor restarted the engine with no problem, engine ran OK. The next day had injector cleaned, fuel filter checked ,wiring fuel pumps and clean both fuel tanks. we notice on this model that a solenoid on each tank in lieu of anti siphon valves were very hot. Remove same and install the the anti siphon valves, this help but did not resolve the problem.on the trip back same thing happen. Any Ideas.

After checking my engines before leaving the dock last week I notice that the Starboard engine had a Quart to Quart/half to muck oil, Could this have anything to due with the fluctuation.

Your comments on this issue would be appreciated,

["

"Was the engine rpms fluctuati

"Was the engine rpms fluctuating, or just the gage? Could you feel/ notice a speed change?

Jeff"

Jeff: The engine RPM and could

Jeff: The engine RPM and could not control the change. Thats the reasons I shut the engine down;

"I think I understand.

Ho

"I think I understand.

How about a bad connection somewhere? You might try popping the connectors in hte wiring harness, cleaning the contacts with a contact cleaner, and putting electrolitic grease (NAPA) on hte parts before reassembling them.

Good luck!

Jeff"

I doubt it. You wouldn't

I doubt it. You wouldn't believe how that level goes down on a long hard run.

Jeff

Back