Logo

Mercruiser 50l stalling when slowing down and then start and stall almost immediately

mk885

Strange issues:
Port Engine h

Strange issues:
Port Engine has been stalling intermittently. Have replaced Fuel Water separator.

Drove boat for about 40 minutes and then slowed down upon return to my marina and shortly thereafter my port engine stalled and would stall again as soon as I tried to restart.

It now starts but cuts out the first time I start it about a minute after I started it and then cuts out almost immediately after restarting.

Definitely seems like a gas issue- replaced the fuel water separator just before the last 2 40 minute trips.

Thoughts / ideas to troubleshoot?

Thanks for help as I am a newbie...

MK

Fuel pump? Blockage in the car

Fuel pump? Blockage in the carb fuel filter? Tank pick up?
Water in fuel?

"I spent 4 hours tied to a day

"I spent 4 hours tied to a daybeacon on the trent system, with exactly the same problem.. The Fuel filter screen on the carb was full of crap.. Not to mention that the mechanic that stripped down the carb and cleaned out the crud, noticed the original cause of the problem as soon as he took out the filter, he commented that some "Moron" had put it in backwards. This allowed crud to bypass the filter and plug the jets.."

"Thanks for replies...

Engi

"Thanks for replies...

Engine is 5.0 l Mercruiser Carbs...

Friend thinks it is the Switch and Carb. Replaced the Fuel Pump and problem persists.

Thoughts?

TIA,

Mike"

Back