Logo

Fuel pump swapmystery nipple

farmviking

"I just put a new fuel pump on

"I just put a new fuel pump on my LM340/250, and the pump that I ordered (supposedly the correct one for my engine) It has a screw-on inlet, a screw-on outlet, and then another port out the side that looks like a hose is supposed to go on it. But the old pump only had an inlet and outlet.
Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with the extra port?? I can't find any documentation for the new pump that would tell me.
Thanks for any help you can offer!
K"

"That third outlet goes to the

"That third outlet goes to the flame arrstor, so that gas from a ruptured diaphram will go into the carb instead of the oil pan or bilge--not good! Just rig up a hose that points to the arrestor, as close as possible.

Jeff"

"Awesome, thanks! Do you think

"Awesome, thanks! Do you think I could 'T' it into the hose that already goes to the arrestor from the valve cover, or would that be bad?"

That's work long as it&#39

That's work long as it's always under vacuum (or gas could go into the motor). I poked a hole through the arrestors on mine for a tube that had a flare on the inside (so it wouldn't fall out. The hose went on the other end.

Jeff

I use clear tubing just poked

I use clear tubing just poked into the vanes on the arrestor. that way if the pump diaphram ever goes I can see gas in the tube.
Also for all other readers: any pump without that tube is dangerous and <u>will</u> kill you or one of your guests or the next owner when your diaphram eventually goes! You will be dumping raw gas or gas vapor directly into the bilge.

Back