Logo

Model number for Joe evinrude won%60t die

Joe here is the model number

Joe here is the model number e15renm. There is a button on the end of the tiller handel that screws in and out. Where is the kill switch on it? What kind of spark plugs are supposed to be in it. Can you tell me by the model number what year it is? If this isn`t the number you need I have the serial number if needed. Also can you tell me where I can find an owners manual for it?

Thanks
Jordan

"Hacsaw.... The EN in the Mode

"Hacsaw.... The EN in the Model Number indicates that your engine is a 1992 15hp Evinrude (E15R "EN" M). OMC's code is the word INTRODUCES whereas each letter stands for a number; I=1, N=2, T=3, etc etc. On that model, the kill switch should be to the left of the throttle handle (as you're facing the front of the engine). The "button" I spoke of is the object that you have to pull out to insert the "U" shaped clip on the kill switch. Even with that clip installed, you should be able to push that button in to kill the engine.

The item on the end of the handle that you say can be screwed in and out is a mechanical idle adjustment.... screwing it in raises the idle, screwing it out lowers the idle.

I don't understand your question pertaining to the kill switch of "where is it?" as you asked in your first message was there some other way of stopping the engine other than using the kill switch. This led me to believe that you were removing the "U" shaped clip, engaging the kill switch to stop the engine.

That engine requires Champion spark plugs, either QL77JC4 or L77JC4. The "Q" indicates a resistor s/plug.

Joe
"

" i want to know the model nu

" i want to know the model number for my evinrude engine, the serial number in the engine is G2270567, thanks "

Back