Logo

Need Source for Pertronix Ignition Kit for AQ170C Inline 6Cyl

"Hello,
My first trip to your

"Hello,
My first trip to your Discussion Board and I could sure use some help.
I have a 1977 V. Penta w/280 O.Drive. Have not got it running yet but getting close.
I have fire to the Distributor and to the Coil with the switch on but nothing coming out of either when I turn it over.
I found a "New" Dist. Cap" on E-Bay(P/N 243658-2) and it is on the way. What parts will the Pertronix Kit eliminate in the Ignition System? I also need to know how to order the correct coil and from where?
Any help will be greatly appreciated."

"It seems to me that the no-sp

"It seems to me that the no-spark problem is either in your ignition switch or the neutral safety switch (if installed). Also, I am not aware of Pertronix ignition kits being available for the Volvo 6-cylinder in-line engine; at least, I do not see it listed in their application chart. If available, the Pertronix kit will eliminate the need of points and condenser (capacitor), and you should be able to use your current coil."

"Pertronix does have a kit for

"Pertronix does have a kit for the aq170, and you can get a coil from them as well. The model #1863. I have twins, put them in and they work great, just keep your batteries up, and have a good ground. You can call Pertronix @ 909-599-5955 or 800-827-3758."

"Thanks for the information, K

"Thanks for the information, Ken. One learns something new every day.
thumbs_up.gif
"

"I just happened upon this web

"I just happened upon this website by mistake, sure helps to have this. Thank you also."

Back