Logo

ONLINE SELOC MANUAL My exact motor not listed

junieb247

"Purchased the SELOC manual an

"Purchased the SELOC manual and when selecting engine, ours is not listed. Now what? It's a Penta 275 2.3 Liter SOHC AQ131A. Did I make a mistake by purchasing this, or is another sterndrive/motor comparable?

Confused!
crazy.gif
"

"The 131A engine is virtually

"The 131A engine is virtually identical to the Aq145A/B; 125B; and 151A. Some of the minor differences will include be number/type of carbs, oil cooler (yours does not have one), etc.

I cannot tell you about the online Seloc manual, but I can tell you that the printed editions of the Clymer and Seloc for 1968 to 1991/93 Volvo AQs will definitely cover your engine/drive."

"I found the AQ131 under 1989;

"I found the AQ131 under 1989; I contacted online support and they said this motor came out in 1988. Funny, since my motor's serial number plate says 1986 on it...but then who can read standing on their head in the engine compartment?? Our boat is a 1986 and I was told it was the original motor. Odd, huh? But I got the manual up and am working with pawl adjustment. STILL, don't think that would keep me from attaining enough speed to achieve plane. We didn't exceed 10 mph in my honest opinion. Will do some researching and see what else we can come up with. If any suggestions out there, we welcome your ideas; we don't know squat. LOL

Thanks for everything so far; this board is the greatest!!"

Back