Logo

1994 johnson 15hp problem

stevel

"My 1994 15hp starts and idles

"My 1994 15hp starts and idles fine then when you throttle up it boggs down and miss fires until just over half throttle then it takes off and runs fine until you trottle down to half then it starts missing again until you get down to idle then its fine.This happens every time. I rebuilt the carb twice, replaced thermostat and checked the sceen in the fuel pump. anybody know what it could be?
thanks
steve"

Linkage adjustment(timing

Linkage adjustment(timing to carb position)?
Missed some dirt / blockage in carb ports?

charli I tried adjusting and d

charli I tried adjusting and didn't change the problem.I cleaned and rebuilt the carbs twice thinking I might have missed somthing the first time. thanks

Did you check for a wire that

Did you check for a wire that may have a worn spot that is grounding when the ignition base plate is changing position?

"I would like Your full model

"I would like Your full model number. There is quite a 'mess' in different carb versions. However some not uncommon problems are the small hose going down to the main jet holder,then the passage at top of the carb (idle and intermediate) sometimes gets clogged. Use cleaning solvent/carb cleaner from a spray can and check that they are open, finally the plastic cover with the mix screw cracks and must be replaced."

"The model # J15RERE, serial #

"The model # J15RERE, serial # G03518128. When I went to the dealer to get the carb kit and told him what it was doing he told me about that small tube but my carb doesn' have that but I will check the plastic cover.I did remove the slowspeed jet and the screw at the other end and sprayed carb cleaner and blew it out with compressed air. Thanks for all the suggestions
keep them comming There has to be somthing I'm missing"

"Correct, You seem to have a v

"Correct, You seem to have a vesion where the main jet is screwed into the center piece directly.
I would In Your case test the passage that goes from top on the carb, under the plastic lid, and down behind the valve plate.This passage is in fact Your idle jet. Note that the mix screw on this carb is air-mix and not fuel mix. That means in=richer, out=leaner. Try to VERY carefull adjust it in from basic setting around 2,5 turns out."

thanks I didn't know it wa

thanks I didn't know it was in richer I have it screwed in in to around 2 turns out. Could it be a electrical problem? It seems to missfire .

"It ended up being the power p

"It ended up being the power pack .After replaceing it, the motor ran fine. I just don't understand why it would startup,idle fine and run at full throttle. I thought when the powerpack was gone that there would be no spark.
steve"

Back