Logo

45hp Chrysler Outboard year

jdf31

"Hey all,

Can someone plea

"Hey all,

Can someone please confirm what year this chrysler engine is??

Model #: 454 BC
Serial #: 1001

From what i've been able to see its a 1971.

Also i recently removed the "gear shaft pin" before reading that your never supposed to remove it...any tricks or tip to putting this pin back in?

Thanks in advance."

[b]let me see if i can help :

let me see if i can help : year looks like 70-72 and the pin use a nail and move the gear inside away from prop side towards the back of the boat once u have done this quickly have the pin ready for install and poof its done

"Sorry, double checked the ser

"Sorry, double checked the serial # on the motor its not #1001 its #3111. Does this make a difference.

Also read that i can maybe try to grind the pin to a dull point in order to help feed it back in? Is this a good idea?

If not, how hard is it to take the lower unit apart to reattach this pin... i also have the gearcase seal that need to be replaced... so maybe this is the best option...

Any comments would be welcomed..."

[b]I have a 45 hp chryler 459h

I have a 45 hp chryler 459ha ?is i have fire to points firer to coils pos side blue wire 12volt white wire 12 volt no fire at plugs put test light on white wire light burn study would that be points not making contac. thanks please help. L J

Back