Logo

Forgot the drain plug

I

Ivan Licea

"im a first time boat owner, a

"im a first time boat owner, and on my first time out i forgot the drain plug and the majority of the rear end of my boat went under water. the engine starts up fine and there are no noises coming from the engine, but there was water in my oil wich was not previosly there. I have already change the oil once but i can still see water in the oil. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated"

If the engine will run and the

If the engine will run and the milk is not real bad (more than just a slight dicoloration) run it and change it again. If it still gets milky it may be a pre-existing issue.

"I bought a boat this year tha

"I bought a boat this year that was in storage for two years and they left the drain plug in the boat, and rain water that leaked through the cover ended up filling the rear of the boat with about 18" of water. It took 5 oil changes, the first two being flushes with 50/50 diesel fuel\oil mix.
HAs been running good ever since.
Letting the motor run 15-30 minutes to get hot enough to evaporate the water out of the oil is required. The first 3 oil changes I would start it and change it after 5 minutes or so, but there was still traces of water. After letting it get hot, it started to clear up."

Also change the filter as the

Also change the filter as the mixture in the filter will just dilute every time you change.

Harry

Back