Logo

350 BELLHOUSING QUESTION

spleef123

Regular Contributor
Just got my bellhousing that I

Just got my bellhousing that I was looking for and now I want to press-out the shaft and bearings. How does the shaft press out once the c clips are removed? From engine side to outdrive or vice versa or either way? Please advise. Thanks.
BZ

Press it from the engine side

Press it from the engine side and it will come out from the outdrive side. Don't forget to remove the lip seal and the snap ring first!!

"Thanks... How does the "l

"Thanks... How does the "lip" seal come out? Like any other grease seal? The snap ring is under the seal, so I couldn't just push the seal out with the shaft and bearings... right?"

"What I mean is, I'll firs

"What I mean is, I'll first have to remove the grease seal by prying it out... Is that right? I've already removed the grease seal and snap ring on the engine end because the grease seal was hanging out. The previous owner obviously over greased and blew it out. The outdrive end grease seal is seated and I'm wondering if I should pry it out or not. Is there another way?"

"Pry out the grease seal, take

"Pry out the grease seal, take out the snap ring, then press out the shaft. The grease seal normally has to be replaced."

"Thanks... It took forever to

"Thanks... It took forever to get my hands on this bellhousing so I don't want to damage it.. very expensive..On another note, I'm looking for an intermediate housing for a DP-C1 drive... any ideas?
BZ"

Back